- Seaways Egypt . is one of the leading private crew management and manning companies in Egypt (Port Said). Our main activities are crew management with full or partial crew and provide ship-owners and ship managers with quality personnel management services tailored specifically to their requirements.
- Our aim is to provide a quality service where our customers have total confidence in our ability to manage the human resources that we are responsible for on their behalf, leaving them the freedom to concentrate on the other aspects of ship operation, management and ownership.
- We have an extensive database of highly selected, experienced and STCW-95 certified seafarers for various types of vessels, readily available upon request. They are screened by our expert recruiting team. These seafarers are products of the finest maritime schools and training centers around the world and in Egypt, and are best known in the global cruise and maritime industry for their professionalism, efficiency, reliability and adaptability, not to mention, their proficiency in English language both oral and written.
- Ours is more than a conventional placement service where the interaction with clients, post the final interview and placement, is given equal importance. The time-consuming task of recruiting---screening, interviewing selecting, hiring--- is assumed that leaving you more time for other areas of management that contribute to your company’s financial success. We follow up with proper and sound accounting practices keeping the seafarer and client in mind.
- Recruitment, Screening, Selection
- Our computerized system matches seafarers who are available to vessels they previously worked on, and you benefit from re-employing crews familiar with your vessels, your procedures, and your policies.
- Before a new name can be added to our database, the seafarer's qualifications and experience are verified and cross-referenced with past employers, government agencies and other organizations to ensure they are true. Additionally, the seafarer's professional attitude and behavior is assessed through our personal interviews. Before a new name can be added to our database, the seafarer's qualifications and experience are verified and cross-referenced with past employers, government agencies and other organizations to ensure they are true. Additionally, the seafarer's professional attitude and behavior is assessed through our personal interviews
- Pre-Employment Medical Clearances
- Seafarers must have a medical clearance and healthy historical records.
Examinations and tests are:
Physical examination; chest x-ray; blood count; blood type; urinalysis; stool examination; dental check; psychometric examination; visual acuity and color perception using the ; eudiometry; speech test; and an electrocardiogram for those aged 40 and above or when recommended by the examining physician.
Tests can be added, including: drug and alcohol, aids, hepatitis antigen, kidney and bladder ultrasound, and others as company requires, as well as vaccinations for seafarers on vessels trading in specific areas.
- Documents, Training, Certificates
- Our stringent procedures avoid the risk of inappropriate or inadequate crew documents delaying your vessels in ports.
- a. Documents and certificates of the seafarer are valid for the term of the contract at minimum.
b. Training and certificates comply with IMO, ILO, and STCW'95 conventions as amended, and ISM code; and that the training and certificates are proper for the crew positions and type of vessels for which the seafarers have been hired.
c. Crews possess the appropriate flag licenses and corresponding special qualifications, statutory certificates, and other requirements of the Vessel's Flag Registry administration.
d. Seafarers are oriented on the policies and procedures of the company, and the safety management system on the vessels.
- Seafarer's Accidents/Sickness Claims
- Owners shall be responsible for all accounts with insurance covered under P&I regulations.
- Crew Incidents
- The Company aims to maintain zero incidents on its placements. Close cooperation with clients ensures that we maintain high standards of crew management in this regard.
- eCrew management
- Our entirely web-based personnel administration system gives real-time access to all personnel data as well as digital copies of all relevant licenses and course diplomas. All Owners have online access to their vessel and crew.
- Customers with High Standards and Requirements
- Seaways Crew Management serves a number of customers world-wide. They share our view that personnel is our most important asset and crucial for preserving the value of their vessels. Seaways Crew Management serves a number of companies operating for oil majors and national oil companies. The crew management operation exceeds requirements in the TMSA guidelines and strives to provide high quality personnel that are «fit for service». The OSM Group was the first company in the world to be certified according to the ILO Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) by DNV.
- Seaways perform a complete human resource cycle